About the Book
From the back cover
Strategy execution is one of the most important and exciting topics in management. Implementing strategy in today's complex organizations is an enormous challenge but one that all leaders must tackle. This lively book is an essential guide to strategy execution for practicing managers and those in advanced management education. It combines the rigour of advanced research with the accessibility of practical experience and application to lead readers through the subject.
Drawing together existing knowledge and reporting findings from his own research, Andrew MacLennan brings this often neglected topic sharply into focus. After introducing and defining strategy execution, the book presents a series of systematic frameworks to help managers and leaders:
- identify common strategy execution barriers and diagnose performance problems in particular situations
- translate conceptual strategies into concrete activities
- align emergent activities and projects with strategic objectives
- support critical activities by aligning organizational designs and systems
Strategy Execution is an insightful, engaging and practical book. The models are supplemented throughout with real world examples, summaries of key issues and signposts to further readings. It is a comprehensive, easy to use book offering students and practitioners a systematic approach to strategy implementation.
2. What is Strategy Execution?
3. The Strategy Execution Challenge
4. Diagnosing Strategy Execution Problems
5. A Framework for Strategy Execution
6. Translating Strategy into Action
7. Aligning Action with Strategy
8. Aligning Organizational Designs & Systems